When contacting our Customer Care team for hardware related issues, we may send you a Zoom video call link to start a live video call during the troubleshooting process.
This may help to shorten the amount of time spent on troubleshooting and to allow our Customer Care agents to identify the exact issue you’re facing.
Here’s a guide on how this process works:
Receiving email with Zoom link
Our Customer Care agent will seek your permission to begin the Zoom call. Once agreed, they will send you an email which contains the Zoom link.
Please follow the step below to get started with your Zoom video session:
To start the video, please click on the Zoom link sent to your email by our Customer Care Representative (with password)
Once the link above is clicked, you will be directed to a new page. From here, there are 2 ways to open the Zoom video call:
Open via Zoom website (if you do not have the Zoom app installed on your PC/laptop/phone)
Click on the 'Join from Your Browser' link as displayed above to open the Zoom video call from your internet browser.
Open via the Zoom app
- If you do not have the Zoom app, you can download it to your PC/laptop/phone via this link: https://zoom.us/download/
- Once downloaded, after clicking the email link provided by our Customer Care agent, you will see this pop-up message:
- Click on the 'Open zoom.us' button to start the video call.
Starting the Zoom Call
You will be redirected to Zoom. If you see the following pop-up messages, please follow these steps:
a) Click “OK” to allow access to your microphone.
b) Click “Call Over Internet” to join audio.
Your video session will begin.
Recording the Zoom session
If you’d like to have a recording of the Zoom video call, please refer to one of the following steps:
- Please request for the video recording from the Customer Care agent. They will be able to send the recording via email at the end of the call.
- If you’re using your mobile phone to view the Zoom video call, you can record the session via your mobile device:
Swipe up from the bottom of your iPhone screen to access your Control Centre.
Tap on the “Screen Recording” icon to start recording.
Swipe down from the top your screen to access your Quick Settings menu.
Tap on Screen Recorder to start recording.
* Screen Recorder is available on Samsung/LG phones running Android version 10 and above. If you’re using other Android phone models (or running Android version 9 and below), you may have to download a screen recording app for this function.
(Recommended apps on Google Play Store: AZ Screen Recorder, Super Screen Recorder, DU Recorder)
If you would like additional information about Zoom, please visit their support page via this link: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us