This article contains the frequently asked questions regarding RazerPay.
IMPORTANT: Please note that Razer Pay™ e-wallet will end on 30 September 2021.
More info here.
We encourage you to not apply for Razer Pay™ e-wallet but to apply individually with the respective e-wallet providers.
1. What is Ewallet?
Ewallet is a type of prepaid account in which a user can store their money for any future online transactions, such as purchasing items online or to purchase something at a store.
2. What is a QR code?
QR code (short for Quick Response) is a unique code (similar to a barcode) that can store unique information about your outlet such as your business name. Customers will need to scan your unique QR code to make payments from their e-Wallet app.
3. How does a customer pay using an Ewallet app at my outlet?
Your customers will need to download the respective e-Wallet app from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store in order to pay.
For Razer (which includes GrabPay Boost, Maybank QR, RazerPay, AliPay and WeChat Pay), customers will scan the QR code generated by the StoreHub app, key in their PIN and once payment is successful, you will receive a notification on your iPad Register or Android Register.
For Touch 'n Go, merchant will scan the QR code generated by customer's Touch 'n Go app, once payment is successful, you will also receive a notification on your iPad Register and Android Register.
4. What are the Supported Areas and Business Categories?
For Razer (which includes GrabPay Boost, Maybank QR, Touch 'n Go, RazerPay, AliPay and WeChat Pay) are the Ewallet platforms accepting applications NATIONWIDE but not Vape or Top Up Store businesses.
5. What documentation do I need to provide to Ewallet Service Provider (ESP) Agents during the application process?
- Bank account statement header
- NRIC/Passport photocopy of UBO (Ultimate Beneficiary Owner)
- Store front photo (Exterior)
- SSM - Company Profile
6. What are the next steps after I receive the credentials for each eWallet?
Once you have received your Application Code and Secret Key from the Razer team, please click on the respective links below to follow the instructions to set up your respective ESP as a payment method in your StoreHub BackOffice :
7. What phones and OS are compatible with the app?
As long as you have either an Android-powered smartphone (version 5.0 and above), Apple iOS smartphone or tablet, you’re good to go!
8. What is the Merchant Discount Rate (MDR) for each of the Ewallets in Razer?
Razer will send the following details in an email to you upon approval.
Note: Any changes to the MDR rate will also be shared with you via email from Razer.
9. How can I Sign Up with Razer?
Once you fill in this form, you will get an automated email. The email will include additional forms and guidelines on how you can sign up and email Razer.
1. Is there a limit on how much I can spend per day/month ?
Monthly Transaction Limit for Payment - RM 2,000 (unverified user), RM 4,000 (verified user).
Cannot exceed daily limit or increase it due to BNM guidelines.
2. Is there any credit limit for the Razer App?
RM 500 (unverified users), RM 1500 (verified users).
1. How do I track my daily settlements?
You will need to login to the RMS admin portal to check on the transaction and settlement reports. Login details will be sent via email upon approval of your application.
2. When do my payments get transferred into my bank account?
T+2 working days. IE: Transactions from 12.00am to 11.59pm on Monday will be settled on Wednesday.
3. I have not received my payment. When will I receive my payment?
T+2 working days. Kindly contact email@example.com to clarify on any settlement issues.
4. What are the Supported Areas and Business Categories?
F&B, beauty and retail categories are supported nationwide.
5. What are the next steps after I receive the credentials for each Ewallet?
Key in the provided appcode and secret key into your POS to start accepting Ewallet payments.
6. Are consolidated reports available across all stores?
7. If I have already applied for RazerPay and I want to re-apply through StoreHub, will my account remain the same, or will I get a new account?
You may use the same account/MID. However, you will need to email the RazerPay BD Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to request for a migration under your StoreHub account.
8. If it is a new account, will my transaction records be lost from the old account?
No, as you do not need to change to a new account.
9. If I want to apply for additional payment channels - GrabPay/Boost/TnG/etc, how should I do so?
Please email Razer (email@example.com) with your request. You will be sent a form and asked to sign an agreement, after which they will process your application for you.
10. My customer's wallet has been deducted but the POS shows a failed transaction, what do I do?
Please charge the customer again until the transaction on the POS is successful, or use another payment method. As for the deducted transactions, your customers need to reach out to their Ewallet customer care to request for a refund.
11. List of Ewallets that RMS covers:
Currently Razer covers RazerPay, WechatPay, AliPay, GrabPay, Boost, TnG and Maybank QRPay.
12. Why is it that Maybank and Grab Ewallets still cannot be used for customer payment?
Maybank QRPay and GrabPay Ewallets will need to create an account on their server in order to provide the TID to Razer Merchant Services to turn on the feature. It will take an additional 15-20 working days
13. Why do I only receive 1 merchant ID, secret key and other details instead of 7 sets for different Ewallets?
Razer Merchant Service provides all-in-one integration. With 1 MID and secret key, your POS will turn on all Ewallet subscribed by merchants.
14. Can I request for RazerPay ewallet standee?
You may email Razer (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more details.
Need further assistance?
Contact our Customer Care Team