This is a list of the most frequently asked questions about Beep Cashback. If you would like to learn how to enable, disable or redeem cashback during the payment process, you can check out the Ultimate Beep Cashback Guide.
What is Beep Cashback?
Beep Cashback is an easy, fully-integrated loyalty program for all merchants who use StoreHub. It allows you to roll out a cashback-powered loyalty program in a few simple steps so your business can start:
- Growing your revenue "automatically". Businesses that run a loyalty program generate 30% more sales than those who don't.
- Build a customer database. Your customers' mobile phone numbers are automatically collected when they claim their cashback.
- Engaging with your customers via SMS. Send your customers promotions or entice them to return via SMS!
Beep Cashback is currently in the beta phase of development.
Beep Cashback FAQs
1) General questions
- Can I set the cashback ratio / amount?
- Can I limit the number of cashback claims per customer per day?
- How can my customers check their cashback balance?
- If my customer already has RM100 from Store Credits prior to using Beep Cashback, will it carry over into Beep Cashback?
- Can I run Store Credits and Beep Cashback at the same time?
- Can I migrate from Store Credits to Beep Cashback?
- How many Cashback Claims am I entitled to in my Subscription Plan?
- How can I get access to more Cashback Claims for my account?
2) Compatibility Requirements
- Is my hardware compatible with Beep Cashback?
- What app version do I need to run Beep Cashback?
- Which StoreHub plans support Beep Cashback?
3) Customer loyalty profiles
- Will the QR scan sync with my existing customer details, or will it create new customer profiles?
- Can my customers update their profile or mobile number?
- Is there a cashback dashboard for that I can view?
- Is there a report that shows me how many customers are scanning the QR code?
1a) Can I set the cashback ratio / amount?
Yes. The minimum possible cashback % amount to set is 1%. The default of 5% is not fixed and can be amended anytime.
1b) Can I limit the number of cashback claims per customer?
No. Your customers are able to redeem their cashback as long as there is sufficient cashback balance to redeem.
1c) How can my customers check their cashback balance?
For the meantime, your customers can rescan the QR code on their receipts to view their balance.
1d) If my customer already has RM100 from Store Credits prior to using Beep Cashback, will it carry over into Beep Cashback?
Yes. All prior Store Credit will be converted into Beep Cashback once you enable Beep Cashback in your BackOffice.
1e) Can I run Store Credits and Beep Cashback at the same time?
No. Store Credits and Beep Cashback run on a similar system so for the time being, you will not be able to utilize the Store Credits feature and Beep Cashback at the same time.
1f) Can I migrate from Store Credits to Beep Cashback?
Yes. You are able to convert Store Credits to Beep Cashback at a 1:1 ratio. For example, if a customer already has RM100 in store credit, their store credit will be converted to RM100 cashback upon enabling Beep Cashback in your BackOffice.
1g) How many Cashback Claims am I entitled to in my Subscription Plan?
Beep Cashback is available for all StoreHub subscription plans. A fixed amount of Cashback Claims are provided with your subscription plan for free:
|No. of Cashback Claims included in your plan|
|Lite Plan||30 claims|
|Starter Plan||100 claims|
|Advanced Plan||500 claims|
|Pro Plan||2,000 claims|
1h) How can I unlock more Cashback Claims for my plan?
If you're running out of Beep Cashback claims, you can either:
- Upgrade your StoreHub subscription plan and get immediate access to a higher amount of Cashback Claims.
- Purchase Beep Cashback Claims Add-On Packages from your BackOffice.
You can do both via your BackOffice. Follow the step-by-step directions here.
2a) Is my POS hardware compatible with Beep Cashback?
We currently support only iPad registers and most receipt printers that are recommended by StoreHub other than dot matrix printers and registers using StoreHub Alpha (iSAPPOS).
Beep Cashback is available for iPad Register apps running StoreHub App version 2.27 and above.
Beep Cashback is also available on the Android Register (Malaysia and Thailand only).
2b) What app version do I need to run Beep Cashback?
Beep Cashback is available for iPad Register apps running StoreHub App version 2.27 and above
Beep Cashback can also run on the Android Register version 1.7 (for Malaysia and Thailand only).
2c) Which StoreHub plans support Beep Cashback?
Beep Cashback is currently available and FREE for you to try on all StoreHub plans. There is however a limit for number of cashback claims that renews on a monthly basis. This limit is determined by your current plan as follows:
|StoreHub Lite Plan||30 Cashback claims per month|
|StoreHub Starter Plan||100 Cashback claims per month|
|StoreHub Advanced Plan||500 Cashback claims per month|
|StoreHub Pro Plan||2,000 Cashback claims per month|
If you exceed the limit, you won’t be able to add new customers to your database/process claims.
However, if you enable Beep Cashback in the month of July/August 2019, you will get UNLIMITED quota for your first month!
3a) Will the QR scan sync with my existing customer details, or will it create new customer profiles?
Customer profiles created using Beep Cashback use mobile numbers as a unique identifier.
- If your existing customer details contain mobile numbers that follow an international format (e.g. +60123456789), the cashback will be added to their existing customer record.
- If your existing customer details do not contain a mobile number or contain a mobile number that does not follow an international format (e.g. 0123456789), it will create a new customer profile within your database.
We are working on a way to merge duplicates and will keep you updated when this is released.
Note: International format example: +60123456789
3b) Can my customers update their profile or mobile number?
Not at the moment. But we are working on allowing customers to update their profiles & change their mobile numbers.
4a) Is there a cashback dashboard that I can view in the BackOffice?
Yes, you can view your Loyalty Report in the BackOffice! For more information, do refer here.
4b) Is there a report that shows me how many customers are scanning my QR code?
Yes, you can find it in the Total Floating Cashback section in your Loyalty Report in BackOffice > Reports > Loyalty. For more information, do refer here.
Need further assistance?
Contact our Customer Care Team