We've come up with this handy list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) to address the essential steps and processes for using e-Wallet!
e-Wallet - FAQ
- What is a QR code?
QR code (short for Quick Response) is a unique code (similar to a barcode) that can store unique information about your outlet such as your business name. Customers will need to scan your unique QR code to make payments from their e-Wallet app.
- How does a customer pay using an e-Wallet app at my outlet?
Your customers will need to download the respective e-Wallet app from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store in order to pay.
For GrabPay, customers will scan your QR Code displayed at your counter, key in the amount to pay and once payment is successful, you will receive a notification on your GrabPay app.
For Boost, customers will scan the QR code generated by the StoreHub app, key in their PIN and once payment is successful, you will also receive a notification on your iPad Register.
- How do I sign up?
Fill up the form here (https://www.storehub.com/ewallet-interest) and someone from our team will reach out within 1 business day.
- What documentation do I need to provide during the application process?
- Bank account statement header
- NRIC/Passport photocopy of store owner
- Store front photo
- What happens once I submit all documents?
Once received, our team will process your documents and Boost or GrabPay (depending on which you chose) will get back to you within 1 week. Upon approval, the Boost or GrabPay team will organise a time with you for setup and training, as well as provide you with a QR sticker so you can start accepting payments.
- What else do I need to get started?
For GrabPay, you will need a smartphone with telco data or WiFi availability to capture transactions.
For Boost, you will only need the same iPad you use as the iPad Register.
- What phones and OS are compatible with the app?
As long as you have either an Android-powered smartphone (version 5.0 and above), Apple iOS smartphone or tablet, you’re good to go!
- I have not received my payment. When will I receive my payment?
You should receive payment within 1-3 working days. If you still have not received payment within this time frame, please contact the e-Wallet support hotline in Question #13.
- When do my payments get transferred into my bank account?
Your funds will be auto-swept into your bank account at the end of day, daily. The money will be transferred into your bank account anytime between 1-3 working days.
- What happens when my device goes offline?
For GrabPay, your sales data will be stored in your device and re-uploaded when your internet connection resumes.
For Boost, all transactions require a stable internet connection to authenticate and verify the payment, so this won’t work if the device goes offline.
- How do I track my daily settlements?
There will be a daily settlement report emailed to you from GrabPay/Boost for the sales from previous day. You may also track your daily sales transaction by opening the Transaction History section within the app.
- There is currently integration with Boost, but not GrabPay. When will this happen?Unfortunately, we don’t have an estimated time frame for GrabPay integration at the moment but we will definitely let you know once that happens.
- Who do I contact for support?
We at StoreHub do not provide technical support for Boost/GrabPay individually, however, you can contact them directly using the information below:
The GrabPay team is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can reach the GrabPay priority hotline at 03-9212 8220.
If you are experiencing issues on the StoreHub app, please feel free to contact the StoreHub support team. You may start a live chat with us, reach us at 03-7890 2881 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any transaction issues, the Boost team is available at 03-2260 9494 or email@example.com. Business hours are from Monday to Sunday from 9am-9pm including public holidays.
- Are consolidated reports available across all stores?
Yes, these are available for stores with more than 20 branches.
- Is there a limit to number of daily sweeps of RM15k?
No, there is no limit.
- If I’m an existing customer using Boost already, how can I switch over to use Boost as a payment method on my iPad register?
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request to deactivate your current Boost account and to swap over to StoreHub’s integrated version. You will then receive your new account details from Boost and this process should take about 1-2 working days, so please note that you may not be able to use Boost as a payment method during this time.
Once you receive your Boost merchant ID, please follow the instructions here to set up Boost as a payment method in the BackOffice.
Do note that you will not be able to log in to your existing Boost Merchant account on the Boost Merchant mobile app after this change.