This article is to guide you on troubleshooting the C4141B Cash Drawer.
If you can print receipts but are unable to open your cash drawer or it doesn't open automatically, please refer to the steps below.
Troubleshooting the C4141B Cash Drawer
Go to the StoreHub app > Settings > Printer > Tap on the printer name you see and toggle Receipt Printing ON (it changes orange when turned on).
If you have multiple printers, print a Test Receipt on the printer until the test receipt comes out of the printer that is connected to the cash drawer, so that you know which printer is which. The cash drawer should open automatically when Receipt Printing is toggled ON on the correct printer.
If you want to troubleshoot mPOP cash drawers, please refer to the link below:
Additional C4141B Cash Drawer Actions
Use the key that came with the cash drawer and ensure the key is placed in a 12 o'clock position. You can remove the key afterwards.
- Turning the key to 9 o'clock (left) will lock the drawer.
- Turning the key to 12 o'clock (middle) will put the drawer on standby, ready to pop open when the printer prints the receipt. This is the position you should leave it in.
- Turning the key to 3 o'clock (right) will open the drawer.
If it still doesn't pop open, please check if...
- the cash drawer has obstructions or is jammed inside or out.
- the cash drawer cable is loose, faulty or is a different cable.