If you can print receipts but are unable to open the cash drawer, read our troubleshooting guide below.
Cash Drawer Setup Checklist
Go to the StoreHub app > Settings > Printer > Tap on the printer you see and toggle “Receipt Printing” ON so that it becomes orange in colour.
If you have multiple printers, print a test receipt on the printer until the test receipt comes out of the printer that is connected to the cash drawer. The cash drawer should open automatically when Receipt Printing is toggled ON on the correct printer.
For mPOP cash drawers, do refer here:
Use the key that came with the cash drawer and ensure the key is placed in a 12 o'clock position. You can remove the key afterwards.
- Turning the key to 9 o'clock (left) will lock the drawer.
- Turning the key to 12 o'clock (middle) will put the drawer on standby, ready to pop open when the printer prints the receipt. This is the position you should leave it in.
- Turning the key to 3 o'clock (right) will open the drawer.
If it still doesn't pop open, do check if:
- The cash drawer has obstructions or is jammed.
- The cash drawer cable is loose, faulty or is a different cable.