This document is the first of three to guide you through setting up the StoreHub and QuickBooks Online (QBO) integration:
Step 1: Enable the StoreHub and QuickBooks Online Integration
Step 2: Enable Mappings between StoreHub and QuickBooks Online
Step 3: Map Products between StoreHub and QuickBooks Online
Before you begin setting up, you need to assign SKUs for all your products at the Products > Manage Products section from your StoreHub BackOffice.
Besides SKUs, you need to set up your taxes, in both StoreHub and QBO. Feel free to skip this section if you do not collect tax.
1. StoreHub Tax Setup:
For each tax in StoreHub, you’ll need a matching tax rate in QBO. Click here to learn how.
2. QBO Tax Setup:
If you are using the Malaysian version of QBO, a default set of tax codes for Malaysia are created for you automatically. To learn how to set up your tax codes or create additional tax codes, click here.
It’s really important to discuss with your accountant before setting up the integration. You need to decide together which information from StoreHub goes to which section in your QBO account. You will probably want your accountant to help you with the setup preparations.
Now that you’re done with the SKU and tax setup, you can start to enable the integration.
How to enable QuickBooks via StoreHub’s BackOffice.
1. At your StoreHub BackOffice, Under Settings, select Add-Ons. You will see QuickBooks Online under the Available Add-Ons. Select “Enable”.
2. Then, click “Connect to QuickBooks”
3. You will then be redirected to the QuickBooks page. Once there, simply log in to your QBO account.
4. Once logged in, a page containing a list of your company(s) will appear. Select the company you would like to connect to our StoreHub BackOffice.
5. Upon selection of your company, an authorisation page will load, simply click Authorise.
6. After QBO has been connected, the browser will then re-direct your page back to the StoreHub BackOffice. This should be what you see:
If you see any error codes as below, please set up your SKUs and tax codes following the instructions given at the top of this page.
Now that we’ve set up the integration, we can move on to mapping accounts between StoreHub and QuickBooks Online.
On to Step 2: Enable mappings between StoreHub and QuickBooks Online!