If the thought of counting your inventory on hand is daunting, then you’d love StoreHub’s Stock Take feature. Let us show you how easy it is to carry out a smooth, successful and stress-free stock take!
Here's how you can carry out a stock take:
1. Go to ‘Stock Management’.
2. Click ‘Stock Take’.
3. Click ‘Start Stock Take’.
4. Select the store and the supplier to carry out stock take.
5. Click ‘Start’.
6. Now you can start counting your stock. Search for your item name from the Search Bar or scan the barcode using your Socket Scanner into the Search Bar. Enter the counted quantity into the ‘Counted Qty’ column.
Note: If you're using the Socket Scanner, press the Power button twice to enable the iPad keyboard, so that you can type the counted quantity.
7. Click ‘Confirm’ when the stock take for a particular product has been completed.
8. Repeat the steps for other products.
9. You will see that the counted item has been moved to the Counted Items section. If you’d like to edit the number, simply click ‘Undo’. The item will be moved back to the Uncounted Items section.
10. At the Counted Items section, you will see ‘Expected Quantity’, ‘Counted Qty’, and ‘Difference’.
- Expected Quantity: The quantity that is expected by the system.
- Counted Quantity: The quantity that you have inserted into the Stock Take.
- Difference: The difference between expected quantity and counted quantity.
11. You will also notice that your items are labeled green, red, or white.
- Green: Your count is greater than the expected amount.
- Red: Your count is less than the expected amount.
- White: Your count is the same as the expected amount.
12. Once the stock take process is complete, click ‘Save and Mark Completed’.
13. If you’d like to continue the process at a later time then click ‘Save’.
14. If you have uncounted items, a box will appear to prompt for your desired action for the uncounted items. You can either select to keep the expected quantity or reduce the quantity to 0. Then, click ‘Continue’.
15. Your stock take is now completed! Your inventory level has been readjusted to the counted quantity level.
Export Uncounted Items:
Export a list of uncounted items in the stock take, so that you can have the list printed out.
Export items with Variance:
Export a list of counted items in the stock take, which have a difference between expected quantity and counted quantity