Required App Version: v2.5.0
You can now configure promotions by overriding existing prices, allowing you to force prices for specific products.
How to Set Promotion
1. At your BackOffice, go to Promotions, and click ‘New Promotion’.
2. Type in the name of your promotion. This name would appear on the iPad POS register when the promotion is applied on the transaction.
3. Select which stores your promotion is applied to.
4. Tick ‘Enable’ if you would like the promotion to be applied immediately.
5. Select the effective time frame of your promotion. Start with selecting the start and end dates - if the end date is left blank, the promotion will not end.
6. Select the starting (from) and ending (to) time. If promotion is to last for the entire day, it will happen from 00:00 to 24:00.
Type 5: Override Existing Price
This type of promotion allows you to override existing prices, allowing you to force prices for specific products.
1. Select the type of discount.
2. At the Discount Type dropdown, select Override Existing Price.
3. You can then specify the tax-exclusive and tax-inclusive price (if you have taxes set up).
Specific Product Purchase
If your promotion requires a specific product to be purchased first, tick the 'Require Specific Product Purchase' checkbox. A new row of fields will appear:
- Specify products of a Category, Tag or specific products.
- Select the Minimum quantity to be purchased.
How does refund work for configurable promotions?
Store owners are free to set up the store’s return policy. Refund amounts can be configured when processing returns.
To learn how to perform a refund, click here.