When your stock runs low, you can easily order from your suppliers via email directly from your StoreHub BackOffice!
To utilise this feature, make sure that all your products that you want to order:
a) Have their specified suppliers at the Manage Products page; and
b) Are tracking inventory at the Manage Products page
How to Create a Purchase Order
There are two ways to begin a purchase order: either from Supply Needs or from Purchase Orders. Creating a purchase order from Supply Needs will have the target store pre-selected depending on which ‘New Purchase Order' you click on (see screenshot below).
Creating a purchase order directly from the Purchase Order tab requires you to select the target store. For multi-store owners, creating purchase orders from Supply Needs will be the simpler method.
Method 1 - From Supply Needs:
- Go to Stock Management.
- Click on 'Supply Needs'.
- Click New Purchase Order.
Method 2 - From Purchase Order:
- Go to Stock Management > Purchase Order.
- Click ‘New Purchase Order’.
Select the supplier and target store, and choose whether you want your stock to be auto-filled* according to your supply needs.
- Click ‘Create’.
When your product has hit Warning Stock Level, auto-fill automatically replenishes your stock to Ideal Stock Level.
*Auto-fill automatically fills the purchase order with items in supply needs and from the supplier. If the ideal stock level is specified, it automatically calculates the quantity to be stocked to reach the ideal stock level.
- Now you can edit the details of your purchase order.
- You can also add more products onto your order by clicking Add Item.
- When everything is completed, click Save or Save and Send.
- Save: Saves your recorded details.
- Save and Send: Does the above and emails P.O. to Supplier.
How to Complete a Purchase Order
1. When your ordered stock arrives, go to Stock Management.
2. Click on Purchase Orders.
3. Select the ID number of that particular Purchase Order.
4. The page with the order details will appear.
5. Scroll down to the bottom and click on 'Receive Order'.
6. Specify the Received Quantity and Supplier Price
New Supplier Price: If there is a new supplier price, new cost becomes:
(existing quantity on hand * old cost + received quantity * supplier price) / (existing quantity on hand + received quantity)
Note: Both the existing product cost and Supplier Price are automatically adjusted and averaged. You can still change the Supplier Price if there are any price changes.
7. Click Save or Save and Mark Completed
- Save: If items ordered in P.O. are received partially in batches from Supplier, click Save.
- Save and Mark Completed: When all items have been received, click Save and Completed! Stock Level is only updated when it’s marked Completed.
Tip: Click on ‘All Products Received’ to automatically generate values in Received Qty column.
8. Yay! You’ve completed your first Purchase Order!
How to cancel/delete/email/print a Purchase Order?
Want to cancel, delete, email or print your Purchase Order? Here's how you do it! Note that cancelling and deleting a purchase order is only possible if the purchase order has not been completed.
Are you using a Dymo Labelwriter barcode printer? Click Actions > Export Labels to have your newly received items exported. You can then import this file into the barcode printer, and the labels can be printed out immediately.