You can now have 2 or more iPad registers at your outlet and have the saved orders on each iPad synced with each other. This is especially useful if you have an F&B outlet with heavy traffic.
To use this feature, ensure that all your StoreHub apps are updated to at least version 2.14.1. You will also need an Additional iPad License for each iPad you'd like to use this feature on.
To find out more about Additional iPad Licenses, please refer here.
How to Enable Multiple iPads Orders Sync
1. In your BackOffice, go to Settings > Account, and scroll to the F&B section. At the 'Enable Multiple iPads Sync' field, select 'Yes'.
2. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click 'Save'.
How to Enable Multiple iPads Orders Sync on the iPad Register
1. Make sure that your iPads are all connected to the same WiFi network.
2. Now you need to select one of your iPads as the server iPad. The server iPad will be responsible for receiving and transmitting information to and from the other iPad(s). We advise selecting the iPad at the cashier as the server.
3. For the server iPad, go to your StoreHub register App, tap on Menu, and select 'Settings'.
4. Under the General tab, toggle 'This is Local Server' on.
a. Make sure to use an iPad Air or a newer model.
b. Ensure that your store's internet connection is strong.
c. The multiple iPads using this feature rely on the local area network (LAN) to communicate with each other. Therefore, all iPads must be constantly connected to the same Wifi network. A reliable router is essential, we strongly recommend using the Asus RT-N18U router.
d. Make sure only one of the iPads is set as the Local Server.
e. Make sure the iPad screen is never turned off when you're using the app for making transactions / open for business. This can be done by going to the iPad's Settings > Display & Brightness > Auto-Lock > Never.
5. Now that your set up is done, you can save some open orders. You will notice that the other iPad(s) will see the saved orders as well. Any changes you make to a saved order will be reflected on the other iPads.
While using the Multiple iPads with Orders Sync feature, each iPad register will need a shift to be opened at the respective registers. We advise that you leave the shifts on the ordering iPads as they are - you do not need to close the shifts. Only the cashier iPad's shifts need to be opened and closed every shift.
This will ensure that you do not have multiple shift reports during a shift. You should also make sure that you only receive payments on the cashier iPad and not the ordering iPads.