The Socket Mobile Barcode Scanner can be used for scanning items to your iPad POS register, or for scanning barcode numbers to your BackOffice. These 2 require different modes, which will be explained in this article.
- iOS mode: scan items directly to iPad POS register while processing transactions
- Keyboard mode: scan barcode numbers into the BackOffice. Once you’ve set up Keyboard mode, you can scan barcodes while accessing your BackOffice on the iPad
If you need to switch to Keyboard Mode or iOS Mode quickly and can't find your manual, scan the barcode on the page below.
If it's too small, right click the image and choose Open Image in a New Tab.
Here's a link to the full online manual for reference:
Setting Up your Scanner
1. Once you unbox your scanner, insert the battery (provided) into the scanner by unlocking the battery door using a coin.
2. Charge your scanner. Before its first use, it is recommended to allow five hours of uninterrupted charging.
Red LED: Charging
Green LED: Fully Charged
3. Connect your scanner to the iOS Bluetooth mode:
a. Power on the scanner. Make sure the scanner is discoverable (unpaired).
b. To change the profile to iOS mode, scan the barcode on page 18 of your 1D Imager Quickstart Guide. The scanner will beep 3 times.
c. On your iPad, tap Settings > General > Bluetooth, and turn on Bluetooth. A Bluetooth device search will begin.
d. Tap Socket CHS[xxxxxx] in the list of Devices found. After a few seconds the “Not Paired” status will change to “Connected” and the blue LED will blink every 3 seconds confirming the connection. Now you are ready to scan barcodes.
e. Click on the trigger button to scan barcodes.
Un-pairing your Scanner
If you want to pair your scanner with another iPad, you will need to first un-pair it from your iPad.
1. Power on the scanner.
2. Press and hold down the trigger button and the power button at the same time.
3. After you hear three beeps, release both buttons. The scanner will un-pair and automatically power off.
Using Your Scanner as a Keyboard
You can use your scanner as a keyboard, in order to scan your barcode numbers into the BackOffice. To do so, you will need to set up the scanner to HID-Keyboard mode.
1. Un-pair the scanner (refer to the section above).
2. On your iPad, go to Settings > Bluetooth. At Socket CHS, click the "i" button and 'Forget This Device'.
3. Change the profile to HID-Keyboard mode by scanning the first barcode on page 23 of your 1D Imager Quickstart Guide. The scanner will beep 3 times.
4. On your iPad, tap Settings > General > Bluetooth, and turn on Bluetooth. A Bluetooth device search will begin.
5. Tap Socket CHS[xxxxxx] in the list of Devices found. After a few seconds the “Not Paired” status will change to “Connected” and the blue LED will blink every 3 seconds confirming the connection. Now you are ready to scan barcodes.
6. Click on the trigger button to scan barcodes.
Now you can scan your barcodes while accessing your BackOffice on the iPad. To switch back to scanner mode, un-pair the scanner and set it up again.