You have a new iPad - yay! This guide will get your iPad ready in no time. Let’s get started!
When you switch on your iPad for the very first time, it should look like this:
Follow these steps as you set up your iPad, and you'll be ready to start using your iPad as a POS!
(For comprehensive assistance on Apple IDs, please refer to the official Apple guide here)
1. Slide to begin and choose your Language, then your Country.
2. Find and select your WiFi network and enter the password.
3. Choose Enable Location Services, then Set Up as New iPad.
4. If your store already has an Apple ID (see below), you can Sign In. Otherwise, choose Create a Free Apple ID and follow the steps below to create one:
- We recommend using an Apple ID created specifically for your store and not use any personal Apple IDs you may have. This is to avoid your personal iMessages/emails/reminders from showing up on the register!
- Your store's Apple ID should be linked to an e-mail address that you'd be comfortable letting any employee have access to. If you don't have one, you can always create a free iCloud email address during the Apple ID creation process.
- The Apple ID and password should be easily accessible to employees in case of an emergency. If someone ever needs to delete and reinstall StoreHub, they'll need that information.
- Your store's Apple ID can be used for multiple iPads - you do not need to make one for each register.
5. Agree to the iPad Terms and Conditions.
6. iCloud is not necessary to use StoreHub, so it's up to you whether or not you'd like to use it. (If making a choice is difficult, you should probably choose Don't Use iCloud.)
7. Choose 'Don't Use Passcode' at the bottom of the screen, then choose Continue when asked if you are sure.
Configure your iPad
Now that you’re done with the initial setup, it's time to configure the iPad's settings to make sure it runs well with StoreHub.
How to set up your iPad
1. Go to your iPad's home screen and open the Settings app.
2. Once you're in the Settings app, make sure your iOS is up to date:
- Select General on the left hand side of the screen, then choose Software Update on the right.
- Download and install any updates listed (we recommend doing this while your iPad is plugged into a power source).
3. (If you are using a Bluetooth printer/scanner) Turn off Auto Lock.
- Select Display & Brightness on the left hand side of the screen, then scroll down and select Auto-Lock on the right.
- Tap Never and make sure it is checked. Turning off Auto-Lock helps with your Bluetooth scanner functionality.
4. Turn on Automatic Updates.
- Scroll down and select iTunes & App Store on the left hand side of the screen.
- Find the 'Automatic Downloads' section on the right hand side, and make sure the switches next to Apps and Updates are turned on (switch to green).
5. That's it for your Settings app!
6. Next, let’s download and set up your app.