After unboxing the iPad, follow this guide to get your iPad ready to run StoreHub in no time. Let’s get started!
Set Up your iPad
(For comprehensive assistance on Apple IDs, please refer to the official Apple guide here).
Turn on the iPad > at the Welcome screen with a 'Hello', slide the screen to the right.
Choose your Language.
Choose your Country/Region.
If your store already has an Apple ID, you may bring your existing Apple device (iOS 11 and above) close to the iPad to sign in (Quick Start).
Otherwise, tap Set Up Manually and follow the steps below to create one:
- We recommend using an Apple ID created specifically for your store. Do not use any personal Apple IDs you may have. This is to avoid your personal iMessages/emails/reminders etc from appearing on the iPad Register in the store!
- Your store's Apple ID should be linked to an e-mail address that you'd be comfortable letting any employee have access to. If you don't have one, you can always create a FREE iCloud email address during the Apple ID creation process.
- The Apple ID and password should be easily accessible to employees in case of an emergency. If someone ever needs to delete and reinstall StoreHub, they will need that information.
- Your store's Apple ID can be used for multiple iPads - you do not need to make one for each register.
Select your Keyboards (languages).
Join your WiFi Network with/without password.
Read the Data & Privacy > Tap Continue.
Set up Touch ID/Passcode (optional).
For Apps & Data, choose to Restore from Backup, Move from Android or Set up as new iPad.
Agree to the iPad's Terms and Conditions.
Accept Express Settings (optional).
Allow Automatic Updates or choose Install Updates Manually.
Turn on Location Settings (optional).
Turn on Siri (optional).
Turn on Screen Time (optional).
Allow sending Daily Diagnostic Report to Apple (optional).
Read the introductory iPad features and click Continue > Tap Get Started.
Configure your iPad
Now that you’re done with the initial setup, it's time to configure the iPad's settings to make sure it's optimized to run StoreHub easily.
How to set up your iPad
Go to your iPad's home screen and open the Settings app.
Once you're in the Settings app, make sure your iOS version is up to date:
- Select General on the left hand side of the screen, then choose Software Update on the right.
- Download and install any updates listed (we recommend doing this while your iPad is plugged into a power source).
(If you are using a compatible Bluetooth printer/barcode scanner, turn off Auto-Lock).
- Select Display & Brightness on the left hand side of the screen, then scroll down and select Auto-Lock on the right.
- Tap Never and make sure it is selected. Turning off Auto-Lock helps with your Bluetooth scanner's functionality.
Turn on Automatic Updates.
- Scroll down and select iTunes & App Store on the left hand side of the screen.
- Find the Automatic Downloads section on the right hand side, and make sure the switches next to Apps and Updates are turned ON (toggled to green).
That's it for your Settings app!
Next, let’s download and set up your StoreHub app.